Explore the future of energy systems
The Energy Transition Model (ETM) enables you to explore possible future energy systems for your country, region or municipality. Choose your area and future year to start your energy scenario!
Start a new scenario…
To start a new scenario, choose one of the available regions and a year in the future. The ETM is available on different geographical levels. Is the region you are interested in not in the list? Please contact Quintel, the developers of the ETM, for support.
Start an existing scenario…My Scenarios →
- 100% Sustainable Energy in 2030
- Climate and Energy Outlook 2021 (KEV)
- Draft Climate and Energy Agreement (KEA)
- II3050 European CO2 governance
- II3050 International governance
- II3050 National governance
- II3050 Regional governance
- Northern Ireland
- Business as Usual 2050
- Diverse 2050
- High Electrification 2050
- High Gasification 2050
- Provinces and regions of the Netherlands
- West- en Midden-Brabant Regional energy strategy
- West- en Midden-Brabant Variation with offshore wind
A new feature is available for the forecasting algorithm of electricity storage technologies!
Explore the possible transition paths to a scenario for 2050 and discover the actions and consequences for aspired goals in 2023, 2030 and 2040.
Can you create a clean energy future for 2030 and keep the lights from going out when there is no wind or sunshine?
Local vs. Global
Explore how individual regions can be combined, and contribute to a larger whole.
Explore the possibilities of coupling energy models and start a scenario based on an energy system caputured in an ESDL (Energy System Description Language) file.
The Energy Transition Model is open source and developed by Quintel.